And the Liebster Award goes too......

On Monday night just as I was about to retire to bed, I saw a 'New comment from Miss India to Motherhood ' in my mail inbox. Now no matter how tired you are, you can never resist the urge to see a new comment on your post, any blogger can vouch for that (at least a beginner one like me). So I clicked it open found it a little unusual. Unusual because it had got nothing to do with that particular post, but had everything in it to put a big smile on my face and make me forget about my sleep. Guess what! A fellow blogger, Diana from http://dianasmusings.wordpress.com/ had honoured me with an Award!! Now who wouldn't be happy with an award, any kind of award, anything that gives a boost, a little push to the good old ego! So here it is.


I had no clue what this award stood for so I quickly clicked on the link provided by her to know more. As I understood Liebster Blog Award started in Germany (probably) and is used to highlight smaller, lesser known blogs, blogs that have less than 200 followers (mine qualifies!). Liebster (the word means kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing in German) is an award that you accept with an intention of paying it forward. Like a rolling trophy. While accepting you have to:
a. Post 11 things about yourself
b. Answer 11 questions set by the nominator
c. Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria
d. Set 11 questions for them.
e. Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
You are not obligated to accept the award to send it forward. This is just a way to get a word out about new blogs that your followers may not know.

Well before I automatically start accepting the award, I thought about 'googling' it first. After going through a couple of blogs I found out that the award acceptance rules might have been modified over the years. The oldest one I found was in December 2010 by a German blogger and some of the earlier award nominees don't have the 11 things criteria at all! All they have been asked to do is to nominate 5 other bloggers. That is it. No more questions to be answered or asked. So I think there have been some additions along the way, which makes it more interesting so I am going to go ahead.

a. Post 11 things about yourself

1. I just adore being a full-time mom. No other job in the world can compete with this one.

2. I am a happy-go-lucky person searching for the smallest of reasons to be happy.

3. While cupcakes are my weakness, I love eating healthy and keeping fit.

4. I like to keep myself occupied and hate it when my week looks empty on my planner.

5. I love pets, especially dogs, wanted to give birth to puppies and not babies when I was in school!

6. I have a close-knit family which means the world to me.

7. I am quite straight-forward and refuse to be anything otherwise.

8. I shy away from too much praise but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it.

9. My needs are simple, preferring comfort over luxury, quality over quantity.

10. My blog is an extension of me and my life.

11. While I like social networking, I try hard not to get addicted (really tough!)

b. Answer 11 questions set by the nominator

1. If you were to be born again who would you like to be born as ?
Maybe myself, maybe in a male version, just to see and experience life differently and yet be the same.

2. Which country you prefer to live in ?
I am yet to decide, Europe is what I have liked so far, but then I still have to try out other continents.

3. Which is your favourite movie ?
Lots of them, all Hindi - Arth, Silsila, Zamane ko Dikhana Hain, Karz - none from the very recent ones.

4. Who is your favourite writer ?
Used to be Danielle Steel for a very long time, James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clarke, but I keep changing.

5. What does it take to for a marriage to work ?
70% give, 30% take, although your partner may feel the exact opposite is true.
50% compromise, 20% ignore and 100% love

6. Do you believe in Love or arranged marriage ?
Mine is love, so love, love, love it is!

7. Who is your favourite world leader ?
I think Mahatma Gandhiji, of late I have read a lot about him.

8. What moves your heart the most ?
After becoming a mother, a lot things like an emotional love story, a child begging on the streets, an animal in distress can bring tears to my eyes. Prior to motherhood, NOTHING!

9. What is your favourite quote?
"Everything happens for one's own good"

10. What is your favourite colour
Pink

11. Which is your favourite Blog ?
Well......mine!

c. Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria

And the Award goes to.....

1. Neha from http://belleplante.wordpress.com/
2. Jaish from http://www.jaishwrites.blogspot.sg/
3. Falak from http://beingzoesmum.blogspot.hk
4. Sebin Jose from http://www.labstrikes.blogspot.hk/
5. Avadhoot from http://www.avadhootnasikkar.com/
6. Kalley C from http://www.bloggingwhilenursing.com/
7. Anna Gaby from http://stumbleabroad.net/
8. Anonymous from http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.hk/
9. Farzad Damania from http://www.careernurturer.com/
10. Kavya Venkatesh from http://cantstoponychophagy.blogspot.in/
11. Karuna from http://merrymusingsetmoi.blogspot.hk/
12. Pattu Raj from http://dreamspaces.blogspot.hk/


d. Set 11 questions for them

"Dear Nominees, I hope receiving this Award helps you achieve a sense of recognition like I did and that it expands your blog readership circle and motivates you to continue to write beautifully, like you have. Do forward it to other new bloggers and continue the tradition. All the best!"

I have tried to focus my list of questions on blogs in general. It would be nice to relate answers and get a conclusion. 

1. Since how many months/years have you been blogging?

2. How many close family members do you have as followers on your blog?
3. Has any family member/close friend been offended by what you might have written about them in your blog? You could elaborate if you wish.
4. What has been the biggest challenge in blogging so far?
5. What is the best blogging time in the day for you?
6. If you had just one piece of good advice to give a fresh blogger, what would it be?
7. How many incomplete posts have you written that you somehow couldn't complete? Why so?
8. How has blogging helped you as a person?
9. What is your ultimate blogging goal? Does it have a timeline?
10. Do you have a friend who is also a blogger? Do you compete?
11. Give me your honest opinion about MY blog.

e. Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
Will do so!

Some other Liebster Award logos I found online.




Labels: , ,